Let’s get Arthur Apple’s Pancake Challenge started …
I love making pancakes. Do you?
I have a simple and scrummy recipe to share with you. It’s really easy to follow.
This is one of the recipes in our Activity Cookbook that we are launching this year, thanks to your amazing support for our Crowdfunding campaign!
Let’s make pancakes …
To make pancakes, you will need:
To make the pancake mix, you will need:
How to make the pancakes …
- Sieve the flour and a pinch of salt into a large bowl.
- Make a hole in the centre of the flour and add the egg and some milk.
- Whisk all the ingredients together until you have a smooth liquid.
- Add the remaining milk and whisk again.
How to cook the pancakes…
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan.
- Remove the excess oil before adding the pancake mix.
- Add a large spoon of mix to the frying pan and spread it over the base (the easiest way is to rotate the frying pan slowly).
- As the pancake sets, loosen it with a spatula and flip over (use a plate if you are not confident flipping).
- For skinny French style pancakes, make sure your mixture is nice and runny.ie. add lots of the milk
- For fatter American style pancakes, use less milk to make a thicker mixture.
- BEFORE entering the Pancake Challenge, experiment with the mixture to get your best pancake.
- Loosen the pancake with a spatula before flipping.
- HAVE FUN!!!!
How Do You Enter Arthur Apple’s Pancake Challenge?
Once you have perfected the art of making simple and scrummy pancakes, you need to practice flipping them.
For the challenge, you can flip your pancakes wherever you like … in the kitchen, in your garden, on the beach, in the snow … let your imagination run wild 😉
When you are ready, ask somebody to video you flipping your pancake, as many times as you can.
At the start of your video, tell us your name, age and where you are from.
Count out loud, in whatever language you can speak, whilst flipping your pancakes.
Post your video to our Cooking with Languages Facebook Page
Download Arthur’s Pancake recipe here: how-to-make-pancakes
THERE WILL BE PRIZES FOR THE BEST VIDEOS !!!
[bctt tweet=”We want to hear children counting in as many languages as possible! #pancakechallenge” username=”cooklanguage”]
If you’d like to learn some Spanish whilst making your pancakes, you can listen to Arthur on our iOS app. It is currently FREE to download Download the FREE App